Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Trail?

First of all, I want to just say Hello to all 5 of my followers! :) Small number, but the most I have ever had on a blog. I'm new to this so bare with me.. I will eventually figure out how to follow each and every one of you as well! Until then, welcome to my blog and I look forward to getting to know you!

So just to catch a few of you up... mainly those that don't know me well. My Dad is a long distance trail runner. He's going to be helping me run a few of my long runs during the month of March. However, that means I have to run on his turf... THE TRAIL! I'm nervous to run the trail for a few reasons...First of all, this means my time will be slower, which kind of sucks, but my Dad assures me I will get a better workout. Second, there are all kinds of things you encounter on the trails like spiders, snakes and other animals! My Dad says "they wont bother you if you don't bother them!" We'll see how this goes. I'm supposed to run 3.5 miles, which I'm assuming will take me quite a bit longer then usual, but at least I will get my mileage in!

On another note.. tomorrow is my break! I ran Monday, did step aerobics on Tuesday, ran on Wednesday and did turbo kick today! My body really needs this break before I run the trail on Saturday! Then on Sunday I'm leaving town for a night! This will only be my 2nd time to leave the kids alone with my husband all night and I'm hoping it all goes well! I'm really looking forward to some time away to relax!

1 comment:

  1. ooh I couldn't do trail running...knowing me something bad would happen! Good luck to you though

    ReplyDelete